JDinteractive is an ABA accredited online JD program from a recognized law school. This online JD is designed for ambitious students who cannot relocate for a residential program but who desire a high-caliber legal education.
Syracuse University College of Law’s online JD delivers our outstanding and engaging legal education well beyond our Central New York campus. A model for 21st century legal education, JDinteractive incorporates state-of-the-art interactive learning platform and technology-enabled services.
Listen to Your Ambition! About Syracuse Law’s Online JD
- JDinteractive is an ABA accredited online JD program. The American Bar Association has accredited this online juris doctor since 2019.
- JDi courses are taught by Syracuse law faculty and combine real-time online JD class sessions, self-paced online JD class sessions, on-campus courses, and experiential learning comparable to the rigorous academic program of Syracuse Law’s residential JD program.
- JDi admission criteria are the same as that for Syracuse Law’s residential JD program.
- The education model for JDi is highly interactive and immersive. At least 50% of online JD class time is in real-time, allowing professors and students both in the classroom and online to interact in a small class environment. JDi also includes online class sessions that students engage on their own schedule.
- A key component of this online juris doctor program is an in-person, residential learning experience. Students participate in six in-person courses during their degree.
- The first four residencies will be on Syracuse University’s main campus, and the last two will either be on main campus or at another University location.
- Online law degree students also participate in the Syracuse Law’s Externship Program, allowing an opportunity to engage in experiential learning by working alongside experienced lawyers.
- In addition to the Syracuse Law’s Externship Program, online students have the opportunity to participate in some other learning experiences—such as student-run journals and organizations—although not necessarily all the opportunities residential students have.
- Online JD students will have access, comparable to the residential JD program, to student support programming and services, including academic counseling, student support, virtual tutors, study groups, bar exam preparation, and professional development.
For more information about Syracuse Law’s online JD program, visit our FAQs page!