College of Law Adjusts Deadlines & Policies for Fall 2020 Applicants
Syracuse University College of Law is taking several proactive steps to accommodate applicants planning to start law school in Fall 2020. These measures apply to all J.D. programs at the College of Law … LEARN MORE
An ABA-Approved Online Law Degree Program
JDinteractive is taught by Syracuse University College of Law faculty to the same high standards as Syracuse’s residential JD program. JDi is an ABA-approved flexible online law degree option designed for talented students who cannot relocate to law school because of work or family commitments. The program combines real-time, live online class sessions with self-paced instruction, on-campus courses, and experiential learning opportunities.
Just some of the advantages of studying law through JDinteractive:
- Syracuse University College of Law is the top ranked law school to offer an online law degree program.
- Coursework is taught with an interactive, fine-tuned mix of live and self-paced online classes.
- Complete your law degree in 3 years and 3 months.
- Become a part of Syracuse University, a world-class research university.
- Opportunities to join a slate of student organizations, including Syracuse Law Review.
—Professor Ian Gallacher
Join Dean Craig M. Boise, Faculty Director of Online Education Nina Kohn, and host and JDinteractive 1L student Meghan Stapleton Steenburgh for an ABA Law Student Podcast on making legal education more accessible through online programs and other innovations. This two-part podcast also features JDi 2L students Mandy Mobley Li, Katy Morris, and Ernie Sawyer, who offer tips and tricks for adjusting to online learning.
JDinteractive Offers a Full Law Degree Experience
- Each course blends live classes and self-paced lessons. The part-time structure offers a flexible schedule.
- Online law school students earn exactly the same degree as residential students.
- The College’s distinguished faculty design and teach JDinteractive courses.
- Admissions standards mirror those in Syracuse’s residential program.
- In-person residencies connect students with professors, the University campus, and fellow JD students.
- Online law school program students complete externships, earning academic credit while gaining real-world legal experience.
- Online students can join the student-run Syracuse Law Review and other student interest organizations.
- JDi students have access to student programming and services, including academic counseling, tutors, study groups, bar exam preparation, and professional development.
- Online law school students are offered a full slate of career support services, including résumé review, mock interviews, and more.
What They Are Saying About Syracuse’s Online Law Degree Program
The Power of Orange!
Founded in 1895, Syracuse University College of Law offers students a forward-leaning, rigorous legal education that prepares a diverse student body to succeed in the practice of law and other professional endeavors.
The College of Law’s classroom and practical curriculum is designed to ensure that graduates have the knowledge, discipline, and analytical skills to succeed in the 21st-century legal profession and related fields.
At the same time, the College promotes the development of the law and justice by engaging in significant and creative legal scholarship, and by participating actively in the local, national, and international legal communities.
To study the law is to join the ranks of some of the best minds in history. You join leaders, idealists, inventors, entrepreneurs, dreamers, agents of change, and heroes. This is the tradition you enter when you study at Syracuse University College of Law.
We believe an outstanding legal education is as dynamic as the law itself. Syracuse puts you at the center of an intellectual, professional, personal, and cultural experience. It is an experience that will make you a better lawyer and a better leader.
Syracuse sits at an enviable position for law schools. It is rigorous, intimate, and friendly. Your mentors are faculty known for extraordinary teaching who also happen to be thought-leaders in their fields. Ranked among the best in the nation for our trial and appellate program, the College also is a leader in emerging ﬁelds such as disability law, national security law, and technology commercialization.
Over the years, the College of Law has graduated many influential and successful lawyers, business professionals, and financial leaders. We are proud to count among our alumni a US Vice President, members of the Senate and Congress, state senators and assembly members, state attorneys general, and many federal and state judges. In addition, many of our alumni have moved into leadership positions in some of the world’s largest law firms and into the fields of finance, real estate development, and international business affairs.
From big law firms to solo practice startups, from judicial clerkships to public advocacy, from the United Nations to Capitol Hill to Hollywood and across the globe, the knowledge and networks you create at Syracuse are at the heart of an incomparable experience and an education designed to endure.
That’s the Power of Orange.