An ABA-Approved Online Law Degree Program
JDinteractive is taught by Syracuse University College of Law faculty to the same high standards as Syracuse’s residential J.D. program. JDi is an ABA-accredited, online J.D. program designed for students who desire a high-caliber legal education with substantial flexibility. The program combines real-time, live online class sessions with self-paced instruction, on-campus courses, and experiential learning opportunities.
Some of the advantages of studying law through JDinteractive:
- Earn your law degree from Syracuse University College of Law, an internationally recognized law school with world-class faculty and a strong alumni network.
- Engage in active learning with online courses that are a fine-tuned mix of live sessions and interactive self-paced ones.
- Make meaningful connections with other J.D. students, including by participating in student organizations such as the Student Bar Association and Syracuse Law Review.
- Take elective courses that allow you to explore areas of particular interest.
- Get practical experience before you graduate with our supervised externship program.
- Earn the same J.D. degree as residential J.D. students.
- Earn an M.B.A. at the same time as your law degree: Syracuse offers the nation’s first online joint J.D./M.B.A. degree program in collaboration with the Whitman School of Management.
- Experience the advantages of being part of Syracuse University, a world-class research university.
About Our Classes
- Most courses in the program are fully online. Online courses blend live classes and self-paced lessons. The typical online class is 50% live, and 50% asynchronous.
- In addition to online courses, all JDi students take a series of short, intensive residential classes. These required classes allow students to build critical lawyering skills in an in-person environment and to connect students with professors, the University campus, and fellow J.D. students.
- The College’s distinguished faculty design and teach JDinteractive courses.
- Students are expected complete a legal externship prior to graduation, allowing students to earn academic credit while gaining real-world legal experience.
About the JDi Student Experience
- JDi students have access to a broad range of student programming and support services, including academic counseling, tutoring, bar exam preparation, and professional development opportunities.
- JDi students are active in a variety of student interest organizations, including the Syracuse Law Review, Student Bar Association, and JD Beyond.
- Our Office of Career Services provides JDi students with a broad slate of career-support options, including résumé review, mock interviews, and more.