JDinteractive is a flexible, interactive online law degree option designed for ambitious law students who cannot relocate for a residential program but who desire a high-caliber law degree. It delivers the College of Law’s outstanding and engaging legal education well beyond the Syracuse campus. A model for 21st century legal education, JDinteractive incorporates an interactive learning platform and technology-enabled services.
- JDinteractive courses are taught by Syracuse law faculty and combine real-time online class sessions, self-paced online class sessions, on-campus courses, and experiential learning comparable to the rigorous academic program of Syracuse’s residential JD program.
- JDinteractive admission criteria are the same as that for Syracuse’s residential JD program.
- The education model for JDinteractive is highly interactive and immersive. At least 50% of online class time is in real-time, allowing professors and students both in the classroom and online to interact in a small class environment. JDinteractive also includes online class sessions that students engage on their own schedule.
- A key component of this online JD program is an in-person, residential learning experience. Students participate in six in-person courses during their degree, either on the Syracuse campus or at one of the University’s satellite locations.
- Students also participate in the College’s Externship Program, allowing an opportunity to engage in experiential learning by working alongside experienced lawyers.
- In addition to the College’s Externship Program, online students have the opportunity to participate in some other learning experiences—such as student-run journals and Moot Court—although not necessarily all the opportunities residential students have.
- Online law degree students will have access, comparable to the residential JD program, to student support programming and services, including academic counseling, student support, virtual tutors, study groups, bar exam preparation, and professional development.